Due to overwhelming demand, our testing facilities are currently limiting ammunition purchases to one case (5,000 rounds) per customer per four months. Our Ohio facility is currently booked 4 months in advance and our Arizona facility has several weeks backlogged on shipped in rifles. We appreciate your understanding.
Important Notes About Testing Your Rifle
Please review the below important notes before you schedule your appointment to test. A link to request an appointment is at the bottom of this page.
Scheduling your appointment
- All testing is by appointment only.
- Testing takes two to four hours per rifle.
- Testing cost is $50 per rifle and includes 8-16 lots of ammo tested. Any additional testing may incur an additional test fee.
- We accept credit cards only, no cash payments.
- Ammunition purchases are by the case; one case minimum purchase (5,000 rounds).
- Once you have submitted your appointment request, we will reach out to you to schedule your test within 1 business day. Please make sure to check your spam email folders!
Preparing your rifle for testing
- Unless otherwise requested, your rifle will be removed from the stock and mounted on a machined bedding block to fit in the machine vise. Return to battery function is optional.
- If you prefer to have your rifle tested in the stock, please specify this in the notes section on your appointment form.
- If your action is glued in to your stock (like some bench rest rifles), you must let us know before hand or you risk damage being done to the rifle.
- We recommend you leave tuners, bloop tubes, muzzle breaks, and front sights mounted on firearms for the testing process. Anything touching your barrel affects the harmonics, and we want to test your rifle in the same conditions that you would compete under.
- We absolutely CANNOT test suppressed unless you are here in person with your equipment.
- New rifles and barrels should have a minimum of 200 rounds shot before testing.
Shipping rifles for testing
- All rifles/barrelled actions MUST be shipped through an FFL.
- Any package shipped from an individual, without valid FFL paperwork, will be denied and returned to sender.
- No packages will be accepted through USPS.
Ship in rifle timeline
- If you ship in a rifle, you’ll usually get your rifle back within 1-4 weeks.
- Ground shipping to our facility may take up to 5 business days depending on your location.
- Inbound processing and testing usually takes 1-5 days depending on our schedule.
- To ensure you are happy with your test results, we do not ship rifles back until you tell us you are finished testing and want your rifle back.
- Once you are happy with test results and request your rifle back, it takes 1-3 business days for outgoing processing and up to 5 business days for FedEx Ground shipping.
- Please be aware our shipping department is closed on Fridays; your package will be received/sent on the following Monday (provided it is not a Federal Holiday).
Visiting our test facility for testing
- Testing is by appointment only, no walk-ins available.
- Testing generally takes between two to four hours per rifle.
- Our Arizona location is 4051 N Higley Rd, Mesa, AZ 85215.
- Our Ohio location is located in The Cardinal Shooting Center at 616 State Route 61, Unite 3-9, Marengo, OH 43334.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. Coming in early means you may have to wait while we finish helping another customer. Coming in late may cause conflicts with customers that are scheduled to test after you.
- When you arrive, follow the signs that say “Lapua.”
- Do not plan to test your rifle and take home ammunition the same day. All ammunition ships from our distribution warehouse in Sedalia, MO.
Purchasing ammunition after testing
- Ammunition is sold by the case only (5,000 rounds per case) and a minimum of one case per purchase. We cannot mix and match different lots to make a case.
- Ammunition can be purchased direct through the Rimfire Performance Center or through an authorized retailer.
- If purchasing through a retailer, we will help you coordinate the purchase to get the correct lot of ammunition.
- Please do not ask retailers about our lot numbers as they are dedicated to testing customers only.
- All ammunition is stored in and shipped from our warehouse in Sedalia, Missouri. We do not keep ammunition for sale at our testing facilities.
- Please research your local ammunition shipping laws. Many states and counties have special restrictions in place for ammunition shipments. If you live in such an area, we can work with your favorite local dealer/FFL to get the ammunition to you.
Other important notes
- We cannot test any rifle that does not have a serial number.
Once you have reviewed the notes above, you can request an appointment by clicking here.