Berger is growing rapidly and continues to expand its production capacity! The next milestone is adding a new Production Engineer to Berger’s Greater Phoenix (Mesa) Arizona location.
Berger’s Production Engineer would perform production engineering projects, interface with ballistics engineering regarding production needs, as well as perform research and testing activities exhibiting a level of expertise. The Production Engineer plans and implements engineering activities in support of the organization’s objectives.
Manufacturing Engineer duties:
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise with production processes and methods
- Monitor patents, literature, and the industry for process, materials, and manufacturing technology changes
- Select techniques to solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations
- Design and execute test experiments
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from complex test results
- Provide continuous improvement to maximize the return on resources (people, processes, and assets) using Lean Six Sigma principles/tools
- Execute and document project goals and progress. Recommend and implement appropriate revisions
- Work closely with Senior Ballistician to implement new projectile designs
- Develop tooling designs for new products and improving existing products
- Responsible for engineering documentation
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing facility
- Demonstrate PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables
- Independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Represent organization as the prime engineering contact on contracts or projects
Requirements, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required
- Metallurgy, materials science, and metal forming skills and experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relative engineering experience required
- Successful track record of working independently and within a team, solving technical problems with creative solutions is required
- Experience using computer aided design (CAD) and tool design is required
- Experience with bullet manufacturing and its materials is highly preferred
- Experience with one or more projects involving the design of a product from concept to commercialization highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and follow-through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Interested candidates may apply here for the Berger Production Engineer position.
Berger produces premium projectiles and match-grade ammunition for Target, Varmint, Hunting and Tactical applications. Berger is a part of Capstone Precision Group, exclusive U.S. distribution for Berger, Lapua, Vihtavuori and SK-Rimfire products. Connect with Berger on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.